We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you are asked to enter your name and e-mail address. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Furthermore we collect the data that you provided when you registered:
Your country, optionally an organization that you are associated with, field of interest and how you found us.
We may additionally collect the following information, if provided by yourself:
Your city, your fields of expertise and if you are interested in cooperation with our party and/or founding a humanist party in your country yourself.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To analyze the potential of political cooperations and foundings of humanist parties in other countries. This is justified by our legitimate interest.
The data is accessible only by members of the party of humanists who signed a data protection obligation.
You can request a copy of your information. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
After leaving hub.humanists.party, your data will be deleted and contributions to discussions of the forum will be anonymized.
Our servers lie within the European Union, more specifically in Germany. They are hosted by ourselves. Discourse as the Software behind this forum is open source.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
For further information please also visit: